Speakers recommendations for a Sony Japan golden era Hifi system

Hello to all,

I am in need of help in order to get the right speakers for my Sony golden era Hifi system, I just put together the following : 

Sony TA-F333ESR Integrated Stereo Amplifier
TC-K333ESG SONY ES Series Black Cassette deck (1989)
Sony Z77ES CD Player 

Now I am looking to put about 2k in a pair of STAND UP speakers for this system .

Question one : Is it more organic to have speakers from the same era (late 80's early 90's)?

Question two : not familiar with the speakers of that era so much,, was thinking of getting a pair of KEF maybe but the new stand up are looking so cool.

I am between these 2 right now but totally open to suggestions :

Bowers & Wilkins 603 S2 Anniversary Edition
Focal Chora 826 Floor Standing Speakers

Cheers everybody,

djrecycle
djrecycle
KLH Model Five looks great, wonder how they compare w the  JBL - 4312G and the Wharfdale heritage, all have a great retro design, my favorite era.
with old school amp. go vintage.. alnico magnet type speaker  old school. they sound alot better with vintage gear. 

L100 
hpm 500 
or Sony old school since using Sony. 
of that sort

very addictive sound. it just sings.. way way more than new stuffs. 
I have a pair of HPM100 that I paired with a Sansui 9090db, that's my late 70's system.
Man, I would love a Pair of L100.
I own a pair these 603 s2 Anniversary Editions and have coupled them with a REL t/7x in my 16' x 14' media room and these are ridiculously excellent. I have them paired to quality electronics for sure, but they punch far above their weight. Instead of answering the OP's direct request, other posters told us all about their equipment.
The OP listened to many speakers and decided that the Focal Chora 826's and the B&W 603 s2 Anniversaries were his choice. Well, I have 4 full kits which include KEFs and the Focals, but I love the B&W's with the REL t/7x. The apparent clarity ("sharpness" as some have referred) of the tweeter and mid-range are balanced nicely by the REL subwoofer. Listening to my set-up (approximately $3,300 for the trio) versus some $5,000 offerings makes me smile every time I listen to classical, jazz or complex rock music.
Bottom line: speaker recommendations are subjective, but I prefer the 603 s2 anniversaries to the Focal (who also have a REL sub attached) because of the balance. I listened to the 704 s2 and the 702 s2s. At $5,000, the distinction between the 603 s2 Anniversaries is largely based on a slightly more cohesive mid-range and lower detail. I could live without a subwoofer with the 702 s2 but the 603 Anniversaries with the new REL are 95% there.
The 702 s2's benefit from a more efficient delivery (90db vs. 88.5) so at similar listening volumes, the 702's are clearer. Are they thousands of dollars clearer? Not to my ears.
The Focals are nice all arounders but at loud levels they boom more and become muddy on the top -end. Again my subjective listening viewpoint.
You will be pleased with whatever you buy.
My audiophile buddy looking over my shoulder while I tap this out at work said I should include what my kit driving the B & W's is so here it goes:
McIntosh MA 5300, Rotel CD14, Rega Planar 3 with upgrades (Ania Cartridge, Groovetracer Delrin Platter, Reference sub-platter, ziconia ball, neo psu, & MCM aluminum/sorbophane feet). Is there better? For sure, but this combination is amazing...for me.