Speakers least affected by room acoustics

i have an acoustic problem, a high ceiling that echos. I don’t want any man cave treatments as I am the W Ain the WAF. Are there any speakers that would minimize this problem?
recordchanger2018
@recordchanger2018 - RE:...
i have an acoustic problem, a high ceiling that echos.
I’m with @audiotroy on this one
- sound bounces off everything hard in a small space and creates havoc
- higher the room the more it bounces

One of the most effective treatments with minimal impact to the lower portion of the room is hanging "vinyl curtains" from the ceilings.

I would start with one at the listener end of the room and then if required another at the speaker end of the room - you may need one at one side, depending on room shape

Also - if you have high cupboards or bookshelves place a 1" thick layer of foam on top of them

They helped a friend with his concrete condo - with 12 ft ceiling.
- Most of his issues were within 18" of the ceiling.
- We tried a single curtain and it tidied things up a lot
- he got a lot of relief by hanging traps at the ceiling/wall boundary behind the listener.

There is another option
- 12" x 24" acoustic foam cylinders that hang from the ceiling
- more expensive than the curtain approach
- just as effective
- looks kinda interesting - a talking point

Unfortunately, concrete condos are an acoustic minefield

An invisible option that could provide some relief is Acoustic Glue and drywall
- it’s invisible and I would start with the wall behind the listener
- Very High on the WAF!!!
- you hang it using special acoustic green caulking
- you leave a small 1/4" gap (or more) at top/bottom/sides for movement
- tape it and paint it - looks like a wall
- it;s about 3/4" - 1" thick when finished
- you could do the facing wall as well
- all you loose from the room dimension is 1.5" - 2"
- no impact to existing art or furniture

See this video on how to proceed...
http://www.greengluecompany.com/videos/applying-green-glue-noiseproofing-compound

It is not as effective as thevinyl curtains

The simplest solution is to buy acoustic drapes and hang them floor-to-ceiling on the wall opposite the speakers AND use the 1" think foam on top of the high cupboards and bookshelves
- Advantage - you can take the curtain with you if you move

See: http://www.soundproofingtips.com/soundproof-curtains/

Regards - Steve
Several speaker companies design their speaker systems for reduced vertical dispersion in order to minimize room effect from both ceiling and floor.  This characteristic was one of the many design requirements when the team at Lucas Arts developed the standard for THX certification. Some "audiophiles" are under the misconception that the THX program is all about movies.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Sound is sound. The advantages of a well designed speaker system are equally beneficial for all areas of entertainment. Today may speaker companies employ these basic design principles regardless of their desire to apply for THX certification and with a modicum of research you can find a product that will do a very nice job in achieving your listening goals.       
+1 for directional speakers.
Will make a difference.
Electrostats like MLs send less energy toward the ceiling.
If possible, check out Tannoy speakers.  The coincident tweeter is horn loaded, and dispersion is controlled to about 90 degrees.  You get minimal high frequency splash off the ceiling and side walls.  Plus, being coincident, the midrange is coherent in all directions.  The sound does not change with respect to your angle to the speaker.   Tannoy has a new very affordable model, plus their much more expensive lines.  They have a unique sound, but are always fun & musical sounding.  It's a music lover's speaker.
A pair of Kii3 speakers will solve just about any room problems.  Mine made a tremendous difference with my small uneven room.