Speakers for under $10k used?

I been wanting a new set of speakers and want to stay under $10k used. If you have any recommandation, please reply to this tread. Also please state why you like the speaker you are recommending. I personally have looking into the Revel Salon, but I heard that the parent company Harmon isn't doing too well. Are the rumors true? Thank you for your time.

JL
f155mph

Showing 2 responses by f155mph

Well I listen to all kind of music, but I tend to listen to rock, classical, jazz and some techno. ie Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Paul Oakenfold, Yo Yo Ma, Beethoven, and etc. Currently I got a pair of Mirage OM-5 and ATI 2500 amp(250x5). My room right now is small/mid (12x16), but I am moving in a few months and I don't know what my new place is going to be like. I only got the Mirage a few months ago, but now I want something better. The Mirage are great HT speaker, but only ok good for music. I listen to music more so I want something really good that will last me at least 5 yrs before I upgrade again. I plan to keep the OM-5 for my rear surround. As for the amp, I plan to keep it to run my surrounds and buy a pair of Krell momoblocks for the front speakers. I recently graduated from college, so this will be my first major purchase. I should get a new car, but i rather spend my money on speakers. Given my current situation I have to buy stuff one piece at a time, so I want to make the best purchase possible. Since I think the speakers are the most important part of the system, I want to build everything around it.

Thanks
JL