Speakers for a Classe CA-201

I am dying to get something new in my system and am thinking about new speakers. I have Totem Model One Signatures at the moment backed up by an NHT SubTwo. The amp is a Classe CA-201 with an Adcom GFP-750 preamp. My current source is a Rega Planet primarily but I am not going to replace it until I find an SACD player that I cannot live without. Cardas cross biwire wires connect the speakers, an RCA pair of crosses goes from CD to Preamp and I am putting in Red Rose's new premier interconnect with XLR between the amp and preamp as soon as they come. Thanks for your input everyone (P.S. Please avoid LP recommendations, I am looking into vinyl setups right now but want to familiarize myself a lot more with the options before I buy anything)
128x128nhorton

Showing 2 responses by nhorton

Replacing the Totems is motivated by two things: one, I am going to put them in a second system, two, although I like the sub very much, I want primary speakers with better extension. The Totems have wonderful speed and detail but I want more body from the speakers.
The reason I did not list a price was because I want a real assortment of suggestions. If I find a $10k pair that I can't live without, I will wait a while and buy them. If I find a $3k pair, I might just buy them tommorrow. Thanks for the recommendation Avadana, I will try listening to their pro line.