Speakers Cables With Better Top End Extension

Hi All,

Is anyone able to recommend a set of speaker cables with better top end extension. I was thinking about the Cerious Technology speaker cables, but Srajan from 6moons is saying they may not suit SET amps. But on the other hand I hear they really need to sit idle without movement for around 4 days before making final judgement. I don't exactly have the chance to audition them before purchasing them, so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Furthermore, aside from a set of speaker cables with better top end extension, cables that may add just a tad more body and a midrange thats not so forward would be just fantastic. The bass at the moment is pretty good punchy and tight. Do such a pair of speaker cables exist? Not sure, but that's why I'm asking.

Other than the CT's, I was considering a set of cables from PSC Audio http://www.pscaudio.com , Silver ribbons similar in setup to the Sealth Cloud-Nine speaker cables.

Current System Setup:
1. Osborn Epitome Grand Reference MKV speakers (94 db)
2. GM-70 tube based SET monoblock amps
3. Supratek Sauvignon pre-amp (6SN7 tube based)
4. Audio Aero Capitole MKII CD player
5. AudioQuest Cheetah Silver interconnects (CD to pre)
6. PSC Audio Custom Silver ribbon based interconnects (pre to power amp)
7. Standard copper speaker cables.

Thanks.
tyronej

Showing 1 response by fplanner2000

I would look at Virtual Dynamics - Master series gets the most raves; Revelation is the best they make, but all are very good and might fit what you are seeking. They were MUCH better than the Au24s(a good value)in my system for top end extension, and more of a "live" sound.