speaker upgrade

I am looking to upgrade from my Paradigm studio 40s v2. I am currently using all parasound halo equipment.Jolida moded 100 cd player. I am using the A 23 amps to power the speakers. I am looking into The VON Schweikert vr 4 jr. Looking at a budget of 2500 to 3000. I listen mostly to rock to jazz. Thanks for any suggestions Joe.
Ag insider logo xs@2xjhjf123456

Showing 3 responses by bignerd100

I have heard the VR4-JR's with the A23 as well as the A21. Not a good match in my opinion. However, the introduction of a tube preamp made the combo sound really nice. Your JD100 may make the Para/VSA combo sound really good. If your room is small the prodigious bass of the VR4's may be a little much. Audition, audition, audition.

In your price range you could probably pick up a pair of Martin Logan Ascent i's as they have recently been discontinued.

Good luck!
Wow Millenium Bill!
I didn't know that retailers made a 100% profit.
I guess that is why they all drive thouse ostentatious Hyundais.

:)
Dave,
Do you mean that stores that have a showroom and employees and power bills and building repairs have overhead? It is good to see that someone here understands that the Mom & Pop should not sell at ten points above cost as some sort of duty to the audiophile community. I think that when done right (which all who speak of Tyler Acoustics tout exceptional service) direct distribution to the consumer can be a very good thing. This can provide those who understand the pitfalls of this hobby with a great product at a reasonable price. It is the vast expanse of "mid-fi" that is most likely to suffer from direct marketing. THese consumers are more often than not people who do not know as much about this hobby. They can use the advice and guidance of an actual retail store that can answer all of their questions directly rather than having to research banks of posts filled with oppinion and veiled by the anonymity of the internet.

2cent rant (done).