Speaker Sugestions Wanted $1500 max

Just for some backround, I am 15-years-old and in love with audio. My current system includes Klipsch RF-3's, Shanling Stp-80 (35 wpc 4,8 ohm taps), Crapy cd player ( to be upgraded), turntable sold (had yamaha px-3) but thinking of a vpi in the near future, hk430 (using only tuner)

Now for the point. I am intresting in getting new speakers, I like my RF-3's but there are somthings I dislike. First off the highs are a little shrill and fatiging. The build quility isn't very nice. And I just feel its time for an upgrade, and I feel for $1500 I can woop the pants off my current speakers.

I Listen to Rock and vocal/ small band jazz, at moderate levels. I need speakers that will work well with my new shanling stp-80. It can easily drive my klipsch and looking for the same. I need bass so if your going to sugest monitors a sub, stands, and the speaker will have to be avalible for my $1500 max budget, even though the less I spend the rest will go towards more music. I would like to have a floorstander, just for the bigger sound and bass, but I am open to anything really. I would rather have used, for the bang for the buck option.

I also don't want a laid back "polite" speaker. I want something that is dynamic and live sounding.

Thanks
crazytubepower

Showing 1 response by chazzbo

Depends on how much bass you want but $1500 can buy a lot of speaker-You might want to keep size down thinking in future of a dorm room right?Keep colomn slender and get a sub now or latter would be suggestion (that way you have vitalHT component ifyou want two).Follow this up and tell us whatyou have listened to.It's good that you mentioned loudnes bnecause some that an older duff like me (all of 42) might suggest a pair of Maggnepans say if again like me you tilted towards jazz.You want soemthing that new or used delivers dynamics (slam) and enough bass to satisfy.I sold B&W and a used pair of B&W nautilus's on cheaper stands would be a real "audiophile" where you could ad a good sub but still now get soemthing that would be clear,get the mids right,and deliver enough bass in mean time.Or check out some flor standing speakers from Paradigm or NHT.The new NHT's have gotten good reviews andd I always thought they sounded good with a wide variuety of music types.Vandersteen's.Since about the time you were born folks have thought they are one of the best deals in Hifi.But TELL US what you have heard (or read about)and we canpoint you to others with characteristics you like and tell you not to travel to hear stuff that isn't worth the bother because in one way or another it is limited for your purposes.Do you think you ever might want HT?Ect etc.You have top always rember that some know what they are talking about some lose sight of fact that they might be just justifying there own buys and proving to themselves how smart they ar.This has beeen my problem with ratings on consumer based review sites like audioreview.com where half the high;y rated components rerally deserve only three or four stars not the 4.7 all of them seem to get.But is interesting to see what people have picked up and what they had before and didn't like as much or they tell you what they listenedto and didn't like as much while on "the hunt"Of course most pro reviewers withg ad space to sell half are paid liars who rarely give out a bad review lest they chase away advertising bucksand this goes for Mmgs as well as the newt based guys.But again tell us what you have heard andare thinking after a few posts and ask folks to keep up with your search.May times folks see answer a thread once and don't follow it and whaen they do have more insights and everybody is happy.
G'luck
Chazzbo
Chazz