Speaker match

Wanted to build a small budget system using my NAD 3020 amp that has 20 watts.Wanted a speaker with 90db or better to use with this amp and have read good things about Rega RS1, Tekton Mini Lore ,Decware as well as other speakers in the $1000 or less price range.Any thoughts on these or any others you would recommend?Thanks.
john421

Showing 10 responses by john421

I'm in central Va. And a store called Audio Art carries them,right up the road from me in Richmond.
Yes,it has lots of current.Had read that a few people have driven Maggie MMG's with this amp,but afraid I would be expecting to much from the amp.$600 is around what I was looking for and reviews say they are great speakers for the price.
Actually have not heard any.Have Paradigms monitors and Celetions monitors as well,but they are older vintage speakers which sound ok but was wanting to upgrade.
Room size is 15W x 20L.Listen to R&B,Soul as well as music like the Eagles and Clapton and similar. Also a bit of Jazz.
Lights go only up to second spot on indicators. But really do not play t he music loud.Paradigm roughly the same,they are Compact Monitors,15 to 100 recommended watts..Just wanted to keep the NAD in good shape being so old and not damage it..That is why I was thinking a more efficient speaker.
Are any of the choices I started the thread with good speakers?I'm open to any suggestions and appreciate everybodys.
Always liked the thought of having MMG's.Kinda puts me over budget,but it's something to consider.
Yes,the the older NAD 3020 Series 20 is what I have.It has jumpers between pre and the amp section.And about the speakers you have for sell Jperry.Little lady said they don't match the wood flooring.
Would a hafler dh220 and the NAD 3020 as a pre be a good choice with the maggie mmgs?