Speaker/equipment placement

I’ve been interested in audio for quite awhile now and have become even more involved in the last few years. Relaxing in the evenings I like to browse equipment especially speakers, something Ive noticed over the years in looking at speaker listings on Agon is that maybe 1 in 10 images of speaker placements apear to be good . I know it’s tough,existing  room conditions, furniture, wifes/ husbands etc , but its just sad to see a $30k pair of Wilsons pushed up against the back wall in between the console home entertainment unit. Just sayin , cue : Mahgister. 

bikeboy52

@henry53 “So choose your speakers for the room you have.”

+1.

Big agreement on this. If you are budget constrained… and most of us are… this is outstanding advice. I have heard some absolutely stunning tiny systems in tiny spaces. They have superior electronics and right sized speakers.

It is hard to do after decades of drooling over monster high-end speakers and finally being able to afford them. But the highest quality sound and most cost effective is to design around the space you have not a huge space you may never had.

@bikeboy52 “New way to judge the strength of your marriage, speaker brand ,size and placement, we’ve been able to stay together for 26 years even though a pair of Apogges 24 inches from the back wall”

By this standard I had a wonderful marriage for fifty-one years. Not only do I have eighteen cubic Ft. folded corner horns back in the room corners but also sixty-eight inches tall mid and tweeter horns on their stands five feet and four inches out into the room. My wife not only approved she also spent many hours helping me build the speakers. At her funeral last summer it was even mentioned how unusual it was that she was an audiophile.

Sorry for your loss Kingharold thats got to hard. Thanks for sharing that story with us all.