Speaker cables to go with Pass Labs XA160

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can make a speaker cable recommendation to go with the Pass Labs XA160. Becuase of the slight warmth and laid back nature of the Pass I want to get cables that are neutral, fast, and dynamic. My speakers are Usher BE-10. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, I dont want to spend mega bucks either so please keep recommendations below $1500.

Thank you....
128x128tboooe

Showing 2 responses by audiofeil

Tboooe,
On the day you ordered the amps (10-12-06), you mentioned a 3-4 week lead time. One would assume they have not arrived yet so how can you assume the XA-160 are "laid back"?

I assure you they are anything but laid back.

Also, why even think of changing cables until you hear the amps with your speakers and existing cables?

Disclaimer: Pass retailer
Tboooe,
Fully understand. Here's an excellent example of how words (smooth, laid back, refined, etc.) can have different meanings to different people. I do not think "laid back" is a bad characteristic but at the same time I wouldn't attribute it to the XA series; however refined is very good IMO.

I believe your XA-160 will sound superb with the Ushers. I have been a tube guy since the late 50's (and still am) but the XA amps replaced a pair of SET's in my personal system.

Good luck with your cable hunt. I have my favorites with the XA series; send me a private email if you wish to discuss.