SPEAKER Cables for QUAD 2805's with VTL 225's mono

I'm delighted to say I just ordered a new pair of Quad 2805 ESL's. Other eq.: VTL 225 Triode Monoblocks Amps, VTL 5.5
PreAmp w/phono. Linn LP12 w/sumiko blackbird, CAL 15 CD.
Need just a short run is fine. Been using Tara Master Gen +,
1 meter spades for about 8 yrs or so. Can I find good cables, short cables for about $500 or so? Any thoughts on Cardas Neutral, Nordst, Acoustic Zen, Shunyata's?
Thanks.
blue_strat

Showing 2 responses by sunnyboy1956

I am using Cardas Golden Reference speaker cables with my Quad 2905s/Conrad Johnson LP70S power amp. Am really thrilled with the sonics.Also use Transparent power chords(the entry level)from the Quads into a Hydra 2 which feeds into a Hydra 6.It gets pretty complicated but the sound is divine!!
Cheers
Blu_strat
Apologies for taking so long to respond.
I had a pair of ML Odysseys with which I found a small but discernible improvement using an entry level Transparent pc as opposed to the stock pc. When the Quads arrived in Sept 2006 I continued with the Transparent pc. Honestly I have'nt done an A/B comparison of the Transparent pcs with the stock pcs.I suspect the difference would at best be minor. IMHO if I were setting up a new system I would replace the stock pcs BUT it would be the lowest priority. You will achieve more substantive benefits upgrading the speaker chords.
Have fun coz thats what its all about.