Speaker Cables for Paradigm Reference 100v.2's?

Hi there.

I'm trying to decide what to do on speaker cables for my Paradigm Reference 100's. I also have the Paradigm CC center and ADP surrounds, but am interested in starting to upgrade with my mains for stereo music, followed by the rest.

Currently the speakers are all being driven by my receiver (Denon 3802), but I'll soon be picking up a seperate amp for at least the mains (probably Bryston 4bst).

Right now the mains are single wired with Audioquest CV-4, unterminated. I also made some jumpers out of the same cable to replace what comes on the speaker. Now I'm thinking of upgrading to bi-wire cables.

On my list as possibilites are:

MIT Terminator 2
Audioquest Gibralter
Analysis Plus Oval 9's or 12's
Kimber Kable 8tc

Any recommendations one way or the other? I've heard great things about them all. The MIT's seem to be popular to other paradigm owners. Suggestions?

Thanks!
irwando

Showing 1 response by dsweeney33

Irwando,

I too have a pair of Paradigm 100's, CC, and ADP surrounds. About a year ago, I purchased three individual 15ft. runs (Front L, Center & Front R)of Kimber 4TC/8TC wire in a shotgun setup with postermaster spades. Keep in mind, I had this work performed by Kimber at the Kimber factory. I also paid a few extra dollars to have these three cables placed in a black sleeve to give them a more pleasing appearance. In essesnce these two seperate stands of 4TC/8TC cable appear to be one strand of cable from the outside. Although this may not improve the sound of your system, it does however make your system setup look much more presentable and refined.

As for the sound, like the post above says, I immediately noticed an increase in bass response. Likewise, once the cables were broken in, the treble and mid-range soundstage seemed to open up. I found myself auditioning some of my older CDs just to hear them played through my new speaker cables. After all, it that not why we choose to upgrade our components/cables? To fall in love once again with the music and/or movies of our choice?

If this is something you are seriously considering, I would suggest that you get in contact with an Audiogon member by the member name of "Disco." He is an excellent salesmen and knows his cables. If you choose the 4TC/8TC setup I hope you are as happy with them as I have been with mine.

Cheers and happy listening.

Dan