Speaker cable help

Hello All,
I'm looking for some speaker cables in the $200-400 (used) range. If I had to put a finger on it I'd say my system was on the "bright" or "forward" end of things.
Musical Fidelity A308cr amp, Musical Fidelity A5 CDP, Belles 21A Pre, Spendor 9 speakers, Analysis Plus Crystal Oval interconnects. The British stuff tends to be pretty natural but the Belles really digs deep into the recordings and brings everything "up front".
Would a set of speakers cables that are more "distant" "reserved" or "coloring" help with the synergy? (With the idea of "softening" things up a bit? And if so, what are your recommendations?
Mmmmm, MFSL Chicago Transit Authority's one and only LP is groovin' in the next room. (Yea, you know they then became "Chicago" ..... what ever happened to them? After about their 4th LP the really took a dive, IMHO)
Thoughts & suggestions, oh great audiophiles!

Thanks, Greg
tgyeti

Showing 1 response by bignerd100

Tried the Oval's on Spendor, Martin Logan, and Von Schweikert. They sounded really bad on everything to me. The AP cables seam to have a house sound that is not to my taste. If you wanted to spend $$$ on name brand cables that will sound different (dark, cold) try Audio Quest. If you want to save some $$$ and experiment try two runs of 12AWG CL-3 rated OFC installation wire to each speaker in bi-wire configuration. It will be very cheap to try and will likely sound better than the AP Oval.

Good luck!