Speaker Art / Soundfield speakers

Hi there, I'm just a guy simply enjoy music very much, currently I'm looking for a pair of near full range bookshelf size speakers, while in searching, the name "Super Clef" appears, anybody know that Speaker Art still in business? Anyway to contact them? Or I'll have to pick up a pair of Soundfield Monitor 1V2?
128x128wim1983

Showing 3 responses by wim1983

Thanks for your feedback, actually I think there are not not many Super Clef owner, or they are pretty low profile as I can see, and you are one of them haha. I had tried to email Speaker Art, but unfortunately was unable to deliver the email? Can you provide the contact? Between, I've seen a lot of speakers with resonance problem, how do you feel about Super Clef? Will it be too big for small to medium room and get boomy? Also can share the price? What are the advantages of ribbon tweeter as compare to soft dome?
Thank you again for your valuable feedback. Sad to hear the price, I can't help but to blame inflation, the price is very high for me as I'm from Malaysia, so currently I think the Super Clef is not an affordable option for me, instead I'm looking maybe a pair of Mark & Daniel Ruby? Can you recommend some other options near to full range bookshelf speakers? I've heard few:

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1
NHT Classic Three
Legacy Studio HD
Mark & Daniel Ruby
Soundfield Monitor 1 V2

Also, currently I own a pair of Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Limited Edition bookshelf speakers, they look gorgeous, exactly the build and retro look I love, though they lack dynamic at extreme louder volume and certainly has some limitations, though at normal listening volume, it's a speaker that I will keep for very long, it is very easy listening and remains laid back less fatigue sound even crank to louder volume, while I got another entry level Wharfedale Diamond 122, it can go pretty violent, but does not resolve as good as Denton, it make music more refined and listenable...
hmm, now I realize that in the HiFi chain, speakers is the only infinite pitfall to fall into, I believe scientifically, source/DAC/amplifier/cables can pretty transparent and almost same in every setup if you does not add snake oil into the simple stuff, but speakers is not, arghhhh! I have to stop thinking higher price speakers, I think I'll aim for Mark & Daniel Ruby next!