Sony Blue Ray: S5000es vs S2000es

I have the 2000es which is driving me crazy with extremely slow load times and inconsistent performance. The picture and sound are great, when they work. Player seems almost too sensitive to a less than perfect disc.

I'm wondering if these problems were fixed with the next-generation 5000es or whether there is better performance to be found with another brand/player. The PS3 is not a consideration.

Thanks for your assistance.
fplanner2000

Showing 3 responses by fplanner2000

Thanks for the responses so far. Just talked to Sony and they are sending me a firmware update disc to take the player from Version 3.0 to the current 4.3. Hopefully this will fix my frustrations.

Mribob- Do you have a feel for what your load and start times are for Blue-ray discs with your 5000?

Thanks
I just played a disc in DTS-HD through the 2000 - not sure if the sound was processed by the 2000 or my processor (Integra 9.8). Regardless, the sound was extraordinary.
Wow! that's pretty quick. Even after doing the firmware update to my 2000, its still almost a minute until I get something, and then about another 3 until I actually see images. Please tell me a little about what this "active" mode is - not sure if mine even has that. Thanks