Sonus Faber Guarneri vs Guarneri Memento

Has anyone had a chance to compare the new Guarneri Memento to the original Guarneri?

Does anyone have any pricing info on the new Guarneri Mementos?
128x128rchan
Milimetr - the GH generate a very credible mid-bass and bass for its size - I am sure that by now you have already noticed that they sound 'larger" than it size, and its sonic portrait is far away from its radiation point, creating a very credible scenario.

I have lived with them as they are (no sub) for almost 7 months now, and currently trying a subwoofer (REL stentor) in my midsize room (4.5 x 6.5 x 3.0) mts with mixed feelings about it.

Depending on your tastes of music genres, I anticipate that you will not feel the need to augmentate its bass reproduction, they are that good!.

Hope this helps.
Milimetr, I have a small room,albeit a dedicated room.
The room is appx. 12ftX10ft with a vaulted ceiling that rises to appx.13ft. The room is constructed of wood/drywall and I use a couple of large LP racks as absorbtion in the corners behind the speakers.
The only real drawback to the GH's is that I do not think they can reproduce deep bass in a large room. In my room, this is a bonus as a speaker that could plumb the depths would easily overload my room. I feel that what you give up on deep bass is well compensated for with the GH's magical mids and highs.
You might read my review that I just posted on the GH's in the review section.
The GM's have MUCH more bass than the GH, but the bass in the GM is very very tight and I have no need for a subwoofer in my LARGE room. I have the M's about 3 FT from my back wall, 7FT apart and slightly toed in. They are about 2 1/2 FT from each side wall.

For my electronics, I have been using AES Six Pacs and an AES DJH pre for the past year after about a dozen buy/sell sessions. The Six Pacs put out 50-60 watts in triode mode and the sound is absolutely amazing.

I used a Cambridge Audio 840C for my CD playback and that will eventually be upgraded to a Cary 303/300. My pre will be upgraded to a SLP98P as that is my fave pre EVER.

Anyway, I sit here now listening to Led Zeppelin III and the sound blows me away, even after living with this for a year.

Diana Krall, Allison Krauss, and even ACDC sound amazing on the M's. The G's did not do so well with heavier music.

My speaker cables are very inexpensive and from Clear Day cables here on Agon. I love them. I used to own $2500 cables and feel that for the money these cables only give you an extra 5% increase in sound quality.

My Ic's are Cardas.

Anyway, I really love the G's but for sound, I love the M's even more. Remember, I had them side by side in my room which is LARGE and rectangular. I do not have the dimensions.

I also prefer the M's without the grilles.
The GM's have MUCH more bass than the GH, but the bass in the GM is very very tight and I have no need for a subwoofer in my LARGE room. I have the M's about 3 FT from my back wall, 7FT apart and slightly toed in. They are about 2 1/2 FT from each side wall.

For my electronics, I have been using AES Six Pacs and an AES DJH pre for the past year after about a dozen buy/sell sessions. The Six Pacs put out 50-60 watts in triode mode and the sound is absolutely amazing.

I used a Cambridge Audio 840C for my CD playback and that will eventually be upgraded to a Cary 303/300. My pre will be upgraded to a SLP98P as that is my fave pre EVER.

Anyway, I sit here now listening to Led Zeppelin III and the sound blows me away, even after living with this for a year.

Diana Krall, Allison Krauss, and even ACDC sound amazing on the M's. The G's did not do so well with heavier music.

My speaker cables are very inexpensive and from Clear Day cables here on Agon. I love them. I used to own $2500 cables and feel that for the money these cables only give you an extra 5% increase in sound quality.

My Ic's are Cardas.

Anyway, I really love the G's but for sound, I love the M's even more. Remember, I had them side by side in my room which is LARGE and rectangular. I do not have the dimensions.

I also prefer the M's without the grilles.
BTW, with my DJH Pre I am using some very cool POPE tubes from upscale audio. These two tubes transformed this pre in a very good way. Pricey but worth it.