So I'm looking to rebuild the home theater system

I’m looking at receivers under 3-4K. I don’t need more than 7.2, and am about 15 years out of date. There seems to be more bells and whistles, but what is the sound quality like now days?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks.

JD
128x128curiousjim
whatever I buy will be for watching movies. Movies that are not known for the high sound quality.

Are you saying that the movies you watch don't have good sound quality? OR, because this is for movies, sound quality is not as much of a factor for you? Thanks.
i don't doubt that arcam/anthem are much better for critical music listening, but if you're avr is just for movies the difference between the mass-market fare may not be cost-effective for you. personally, i'd go to accessories4less, which has great prices on yamaha, pioneer elite, etc., and pick one of the higher models out--you'll save a couple grand.
Hi david_10,

In answering your queston, it's my understanding that the soundtrack Netflix, Amazon and DVD's are CD quality at best and MP3 quality for most. ( If I'm wrong,  please educate me ) So as I said earlier,  this system is going to be mostly for movies. I'm not putting together a audiophile system. No seperates, no DAC, no B & W 800 series speakers.

Thanks for the link you sent,  the spec's look great, but I didn't see a way for me to go wireless. I already have a theater system,  bringing me up to date with bells and whistles is what I was looking at.

JD
So I know they make adapters to make a receiver Bluetooth. Does anyone know if someone makes an adapter to make an older receiver wifi? 

Thanks

JD