single disc sacd player for 300 used

Hi-
Im looking to try out sacd on a budget.
I would prefer a single disc player as I feel its more bang for the buck.
I know there arent many sacd's avaliable,especially in rock/metal but the list seems to be growing.I like the idea of sacd players being good for redbook too.
I am interested in the sony c-333es but its a 5 disc and the price for used is average $400 or so.Whats another sony sacd player 1 disc that would sound as good as a 333es?
Im sure I will get replies to skip sacd and get a standard CD player.Im open to suggestions.
I had a original Rega Planet and I want better sound so skip the planet recommendations please.I didnt like the transport lid at all either.
Thanks all!
Dave
david99

Showing 1 response by hdm

David: I think the Sony you mentioned is available in Canada at Future Shop for $199 Canadaian (or about $135 U.S.) That being said, it might be worth a short (maybe a month or two) wait for the Philips DVD 963SA at $399 if you can stretch. 24/192 upsampling, progressive scan DVD with the latest video chip and technology, SACD, detachable power cord, separate audio and video circuitry etc. etc. Seems like this is a player offering a great deal of "current state of the art" at a very affordable price that a lot of people are waiting for.