Simplifi Audio

Anyone had experience ordering from Simplifi Audio of San Diego? I ordered and paid for a DSpeaker Dual Core from them over a month ago and cannot get any response from Tim Ryan, the owner of Simplifi. The Dual Core is supposed to ship within 1 month, guaranteed. I have called him and left 2 voice mail messages and sent emails and get nothing except the announcement on the voicemail that says "I am out of range," whatever that means. This has left a very bad impression on me. What is your experience with Tim Ryan and Simplifi Audio?
foster_9
Just to back up the original poster on this - I also had a bad experience purchasing the Dual Core 2.0 from Simplifi Audio. Company states on its website that you can return the Dual Core within 20 days and get a 90% refund IIRC, and that they will refund your money within three weeks. I sent my Dual Core back as per the instructions and had to wait five months for the refund. Numerous calls went unanswered. When I did reach Mr. Ryan he would promise to refund the money within a few days, but it never happened. This occurred so many times I lost count. I often got the same excuses - he was attending a trade show, had to pay the fees, didn't have phone coverage, etc. etc. My friends told me I would never see the money. Finally I contacted a lawyer, and on that very day, by chance, I got my refund. Needless to say I will be avoiding Simplifi Audio.

btw, the reason I sent it back: I didn't like the sound of the Dual Core. It was too stereotypically "digital" and edgy. Mr. Ryan's suggestion was to purchase a separate power supply from him. I declined.
I know what you mean. Tim can be super helpful, & yet be a flake at other times. I will say this- getting rid of the supplied wall-wart & using a out-board DC power supply does wonders. I bought a linier 20 amp Astron for 130.00 & it powers 3 dual cores.