Silverline Sonata III & McIntosh MC275?

I am planning to upgrade my speakers and I am just wondering if this combination works?

I currently have the Sonata I now and the C-220 / MC275 combo works quite well with them. Haven't seen much of the McIntosh & Silverline combos around. I heard that the Sonata III are totally different than the old Sonata I. What are the sonic-differences in between them two? I researched and researched and was so discouraged just because I haven't found any info with a system which consist the two, or even a person who tried this combo... Would like to get some advice before making the purchase. Thanks!
infinity_audio

Showing 1 response by mitch2

FWIW, doing a search of "MC275" and "MC-275" in the
Audiogon Virtual Systems returns a total of 32 systems using this amp. Perhaps this is a good place to research speakers.

Excellent advice Tvad, and an interesting thread. I am also looking for some easier to drive speakers after straying from my usual muscle amps (300-500wpc) to a pair of 100wpc monos. Your speaker list above is very similar to some I have considered except Classic Audio Reproductions (which I know nothing about) and Merlin (which I doubt have the level of impact I enjoy). Unfortunately, I have never had a chance to hear Silverlines.