Silverline Sonata III & McIntosh MC275?

I am planning to upgrade my speakers and I am just wondering if this combination works?

I currently have the Sonata I now and the C-220 / MC275 combo works quite well with them. Haven't seen much of the McIntosh & Silverline combos around. I heard that the Sonata III are totally different than the old Sonata I. What are the sonic-differences in between them two? I researched and researched and was so discouraged just because I haven't found any info with a system which consist the two, or even a person who tried this combo... Would like to get some advice before making the purchase. Thanks!
infinity_audio

Showing 3 responses by infinity_audio

I would love to get a X250 to match my Sonata III but my space really doesn't allow a unit this big. I am keeping my MC275, i like the classic McIntosh sound when matched with my C220. Therefore, I really would like to keep my amplification set up. As I am pretty comfortable with the sound now, I am curious to know if going to a Sonata III will be an upgrade or not with the MACs. Seriously... there isn't a mac and sonata combo around... not one...
Blindjim. Thanks for the email. I really appreciate your info as well as your prospective. The idea of posting a thread asking if someone around me has the speakers... really inspires me and I think I will be doing so. My listening space is very very tight. Sonata I right now yields a decent result, a bit thin in bass but the MC275 made up a bit to compensate it. A new problem now may arise which is that the speakers may cause booming. Honestly, I have absolutely no space for bass traps. However, a more opened top is definitely welcome for letting more details to come through. I know that I have to hear it for myself to know... but it is such a big operation to get it done. Buying them in without knowing the sound is such a gamble nowadays. Recession will make the task very tough if I want to sell the Sonata III after trying them without success. They are big too, in my case it will really become a headache if they are not the one...