Silver cables: W O W !!!

Just redid some Kimber PBJ cables into silver Kimber wire and I have to say the sound is just much happier! It (the SOUND) is more "tubey"... that is: sweet, creamy... All the high frequency sounds seem more friendly. I also tried to imitate the "silver hot,copper returns design, but that was really disappointing compared to the all silver. (Yes I wove the wire same as Kimber PBJ.. and used the PBJ RCAs for my 2 sets of 1 foot long silver creations) So NOW I think.. hummm silver speaker wires... but then I calculate the cost and shudder!
elizabeth

Showing 1 response by prs123

I recently auditioned Tributaries all-silver, and silver/copper wire on my Vandy's and heard a little more
detail and bass focus(!?) on the silver cables. I liked both, especially compared to the all-copper I was replacing,
but the silver was worth the extra $1.50/ft. Even @$5.50/ft, well worth it!
While not the ultimate way to hear things like imaging and soundstage, for checking out tonal balance you can put your system in mono, hook up one run of each cable to the left and right speaker, and toggle the balance knob back and forth. A-B the wires instead of having to rely on memory. Differences will jump right out at you.
So is silver always better? On Tributary at least, it is.