Should I spike my B&W 804D's

Hello,
I own a set of B&W 804D's. Right now I have them set up on the rubberized feet that they came with. I have them in the final posistion that I want them in and they sound great. I am contemplating putting them on the spike feet. I just dont want to damage my hardwood floors. Does spiking them really make a difference on hardwood? I guess there is only one way to find out. Is there any case where the rubberized feet would be prefered over the spikes? How do you guys have your speakers set up on hardwood? Thanks alot.

Andy
andyprice44

Showing 1 response by johnhifi

I too have been considering this. I am using a pair of Snell B minors in one room that are on the hard wood floor. In the other room I have a pair of Montanas that are on the wood floor. Neither pair are currently spiked. The Montanas have the cast iron platforms.
When I attended the Capital Audiofest the guy from Mapleshade was saying I should be spiking the speakers and placing them on their wood platforms and place the platform on the rubber squares.He even went as far as to say I should remove the sttel platforms from the Montanas, said I would get way better sound and bass. Not keen on spending the $1000 for platforms and spikes and rubber squares. Thought I might try the maple platforms from Dawnsplatforms. Any body try them? The rubber squares aren't too salty from mapleshade.