Should i go Boulder 1060 or Jeff Rowland 625

I am in the market to upgrade my pass labs x260.5.
There is one used Boulder 1060 for sale that i hear lots of good words about it.

Anyone have compared the new Jeff Rowland 625 and Boulder 1060? My existing pre amp is Jeff Rowland Corus.

Thank You for any feedback.

My speakers are B&W 802D
msetjadi

Showing 2 responses by insomniac928

+1 Vote for Rowland 625. Both do a great job, but to me 625 was a warmer, more holographic sound which I prefer. Boulder does feel the wider soundstage but touch less detail, felt a little thinner.

Tested both on Avalon, Wilson, MBL.

per my memory (was few months ago), boulder gear generally does not truly strut its stuff until the 20xx line, which was threw a phenomenal soundstage/imaging and detail with sashas. but i think theres a significant price gap.
melbguy, think you may be correct.

Heard them with the their respective preamps (JRDG criterion and Boulder '1010' I believe it was?)

and 'neutral' is the adjective I was grasping for but failed to bring to the keyboard. The boulder was definitely more neutral.

on another note, Boulder's gear is built like a tank. Everything about their gear shouts flagship engineering. or battleship, even. JRDG's got the pretty boy 'Macbook-esque' eye candy thing going with a shiny one piece machined aluminum chassis. aesthetics should take back seat to sound of course, but you may have a domestic CFO who takes such things into consideration