Should i go Boulder 1060 or Jeff Rowland 625

I am in the market to upgrade my pass labs x260.5.
There is one used Boulder 1060 for sale that i hear lots of good words about it.

Anyone have compared the new Jeff Rowland 625 and Boulder 1060? My existing pre amp is Jeff Rowland Corus.

Thank You for any feedback.

My speakers are B&W 802D
msetjadi

Showing 1 response by french_fries

this is a great question but it lacks enough information for me to make a helpful suggestion. the Pass 260.5 MONOBLOCK amps are some of the best you can buy for starters. unless you get Magico speakers (or something similar on an "ultra-refined" level)
i don't see much need for an amplifier upgrade here. having owned rowland amps and preamps i can certainly recommend them but with B&W 802D's (i am guessing these are not the latest diamond series?) the question requires what is specifically lacking with such fine components as he already possesses. perhaps he would be better off upgrading his source component, or even a better pair of interconnects between the source and the corus preamp?
in my personal experience i had so much faith in the sound of my speakers (eggleston andra's) that i went overboard and purchased ever-higher grade wire.
by the time i was done the results were truly stunning- and so was the price tag, but i took it one step at a time over a +2 year period.