Shipping Heavy Speakers: Freight of FedEx

Considering a shipment of speakers from Sacramento to Phoenix. Each speaker weighs ~ 100 lbs and packed in original box, original packing material. Boxes and materials in good shape.

Went to UShip.com for a freight quote and the rate is the same as FedEx Ground ~$200.

What method of shipping would you choose?
stevensctt
"02-05-15: Twb2
Most shippers who have experienced damage with FedEx, UPS, and USPS, have repeatedly stated these companies policy is to deny claims."

I can only go by the dealings that I've had. But when someone tells you their claim was denied for no reason, that may not always be the case. Who knows what really happened? I won't tell anyone what to do, but if you do all the stuff I listed in my first post, I think they would probably pay the claim.

But there is one more important thing that I forgot to put in my first post. If you are the seller, NEVER refund payment to the buyer before the matter gets resolved. That may sound like its something dishonest, but its not. In the event of a claim, you need the buyer to work with the shipping company. If they won't cooperate with the shipper, they won't pay the claim. The buyer has to fill out some claim forms and speak to an adjuster, and maybe even bring the items in. If they do pay a claim, the item in question now belongs to the shipping company. They bought it, and they always want it. So, where I'm going with all this is, if you issue a refund on an item that was damaged in shipping before the company pays the claim, there's a very slim chance that the buyer will follow through with all the necessary steps. At that point, the buyer has no incentive to help you with the claim because they already got the money and could care less.
I worked shipping /receiving for a while recently. Pbnaudio ,good advice! Also may want to make sure speaker boxes are centered on the pallet ( nothing hanging over or to close to edges of pallet) to keep from having another pallet or machinery ,boxes,,,, from hitting your speakers while whoever is loading unloading the truck or moving pallet in ware house. Make sure if possible to cover the speaker boxes with additional protection ,,cardboard ,corner protectors ,,,as well as possible.Make sure they put plenty of ,Do Not Double Stack , and,Fragile stickers on all sides and on top of pallet. Make sure the boxes are held down very good ,as to not slide off ,over the edge of the pallet. Assume the pallet will be moved many times with fork lift as well as manual jacks.Of douse use a good sturdy pallet,,no damaged or flimsy pallets .
I just sent out some large bookshelf speakers to my daughter in San Diego. I live in Wisc. Distance of approx. 1800 miles. shipping boxes were 18"x18"x30" tall. 40 lbs. each. Sent them FedEx Ground insured. I put 2" styrofoam on all sides of speaker in the box, and sealed securely. If this thread is still going in a couple of days, I will fill everyone in on their condition once my daughter receives them. This could be interesting for better or worse. A few years ago I had a pair of speakers shipped to me UPS ground from New York. They arrived severely damaged. I was paid the claim, but was out the $150 shipping charge. I guess you always take a chance with things like this. One thing I have learned about this is the greater the distance, the greater chance of damage.
Have you tried IPSparcel,I used it twice and the services were excellent。