Shengya A-206GS or Shengya A-221 amplifier 250wpc.

Hello,

I need some help, I have a set of Polk Audio Lsim 705 which are 250wpc. Now, Due to a budget, I have narrowed it down to two amps that I am looking at...Shengya A-206GS Integrated amplifier 250wpc and a Shengya A-221 Integrated Tube Amplifier 250wpc, voltage amplification 12AX7 tube input stage, the second stage driver amplifier using 12AU7 tubes. Power amplifier uses 16 Toshiba power transistors, 250W power output stage, 20W Class A, 500w high power toroidal transformer, 80,000 microfarads sound special filter capacitor. I know the A-206GS sounds really nice and is more energy efficient, But know nothing about the A-221. Has anyone heard the A-221, Can you roll the tubes in it. Would I be better off with the A-206GS then adding a tub preamplifier down the road for that warm sound. I do have a Pioneer SM500 tube amp & tuner, but it's not powerfull enough to fully drive my speakers.

I'm new to the high end field of audio, So any help/suggestions would be appreciated....Thanks!
audionova

Showing 1 response by audionova

Hello Mose,

Yes I did.....I endid up buying the Shengya A-206GS 250WPC. I emailed a store on the A-221 but got no reply, I would of loved to have bought the A-211, But sadly that did not happen. So...I ended up buying from the seller 《 listeningchina-hifi 》from AliExpress.com. The amp took 3 people to unbox it properly, Weigh's 80 pounds. It's built  like a tank and comes with a slim all metal remote (Not one of those Plastic pieces of Junk) Pure Quality! As for the sound....The sound packs a punch and is neutral with no coloration, Pairs well with my《 Polk Audio LSIM 705's 250WPC 》Which are also neutral sounding as well. I am looking at getting their Shengya CD-1 top load Fet/Tube CD player which is also neutral but will give me some nice coloration when I switch from Fet to Tube VIA a flick of a button. It also uses a toroidal transformer to power it and give it a sweet clean sound. Hope this helps you.

The amp was made in a small factory (mom & pop) owned and ran. It took about a month to build the amp that's with converting the power output from 220V to 110V for an added 100.00 dollars to the total price, Free shipping by the way, Then 7 days to deliver it to my door!!! I placed my order, Paid the money up front, He puts in the order into Shengya, He recieves a small amount of the money, they make the amp and he sends it out, you receive it and sign off on purchas that you are satisfied with the product and he recieves the rest of the money and, And.... The rest is history!