Service from Audio Research

I recently brought a pair of ARC Reference 250 from a authorized dealer in Hong Kong. After one week, I noticed one of the mono blocks has problem turning on once it was switched off. It took at least a few hours, sometimes overnight before it can be turn on again.

The amp has been returned to the dealer for more one week and they have no idea what goes wrong. I tried to email to [email protected] asking for help. They don't even bother to reply. This is very disappointing and bad after sale service.

I wonder if any member has similar experience with ARC?
tli

Showing 2 responses by philb7777

Tli,

I noitced in your video that the power light inidcator remains on even though the meter lamp turns off. Is the amp actually powered down with the power light indicator still on?

I have ARC ref 250's and I would really want a fix or refund as well. At least the amps are warranteed for 3 years and only if a few weeks old, I'm sure if you take the amp back and it never happens again, then great! But if it does, then a replacement would be very appropriate.

I hope things get worked out for you. I'm sure it is frustrating. But the ARC Ref 250's are phenomenal amps that I hope you get to enjoy!
I agree. Just tell the dealer to replace the amp. Keep the loaners until the other new ARC 250 comes in. Sucks to have another 2-3 week wait for the new amp, but it's the best option. This really sounds more like a dealer behavior problem than an ARC one.