seeking turntable recommendations

i'm seeking advice on what turntable to get for my hard-earned money. i'm lookin' at the $1000 - $2000 range.
dannybiso

Showing 3 responses by 4musica44107

Aisip - I am using the Dynavector XX2 MKII unbalanced (Auditorium 23 ICs) into the ARC PH7 and then into an ARC Ref 3. This has proven to be a very special combination. I find it more than a little amusing and very gratifying that the Amadeus/XX2 is the least expensive of my four TT setups, but musically (which is all that matters!) it is clearly the 2nd best setup. I have yet to see a used Amadeus offered for sale; I think that also says a lot for how the Amadeus has been received so far. Happy Holidays!
Aisip - My reference system (with the best turntable) consists of the following sources: Ayre-DPS with Mr. Bauer's tonearm and the EMT JSD5, ARC CD7 CDP, Mac/Wavelength Cosecant Version I music server, and Kenwood L-01T FM tuner. The pre is a Shindo Masseto and I use an Auditorium 23 SUT for the JSD5. Amps are the Luxman MQ-88 (best amp I have ever heard except the better Shindos) and the Nagra PSA depending on my mood. Speakers are the DeVore Fidelity Reference Silverbacks. ICs are all Auditorium 23. Speaker cable is by Basis, not a common one but very musical. All go through a Shunyata Hydra V-Ray Version 1 via Shunyata power cords except the Masseto which must use its own power cord.