Seeking recommendations for DAC to amplifier balanced XLR cable

The amplifier is Musical Fidelity M6si and the new DAC is RME ADI-2 DAC FS, both great devices. At first I connected them with AQ Colorado 1m RCA. I happen to believe, however, that balanced cabling, which is possible between these two devices, has theoretical advantages over single-ended. I ordered Sommer Epilogue XLR cable from Germany, plugged it in yesterday and compared... Unfortunately AQ Colorado beats the newcomer. I have 2 choices: stay with AQ Colorado RCA (since it already plays great) or look for a better XLR cable. Any advice here is welcome! 
ghjuvanni

Showing 4 responses by tomic601

OP I mean this in the best way possible- discernment of overdrive, saturation, overload, clipping is a listening skill worth cultivating along with the incredibly more subtle differences between well constructed and engineered cables.
not sure I would rush to the later before ....

The best way to know for you and your ears is DO the test and IF the less expensive stuff is the sonic equal, sell the others and move on
David ten has given you good advice on breaking in the new cable before a rash decision. I will say I am a fan of Audioquest, Nordost and Kimber ( in that order )
but I think it is certainly taste and very system dependent. 
I would recommend at least a DBS cable which is a patented method to keep the dialectric formed and some silver in the cable per your stated interest in detail.

johnny R at stated above is an Audioquest expert.

have fun, enjoy the music and your quest

jim