Schiit Mini loko+

Anybody out there with an opinion on using the Schiit mini loko+ for "desirable broadband" equalization in an analog chain ?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xhanshhh

Dear @hanshhh : I’m not, per se´, against an equalizer but at the same time I want to insist you that making changes/tests in the room speaker position: at sides, front to back and even different eigth you can improve a " little " about ( changes in your seat position too ). Maybe you already try everything with out success and that’s why you want to try the more easy test that’s use of the equalizer.

Btw, I never heard your speakers and I have not idea of its overall quality level performance.

Now, are you buying the equalizer because you don’t like what you listen through the speakers or because those measurements?

Good luck.

R.

I have the LOKI+. In my opinion it is a very transparent unit. Also has a bypass switch on the front. Get there short jumpers while you are at it.

@rauliruegas The initial reason to check the frequency response of the speakers in question at my seating position was because its sound was somewhat agressive - particularly noticeable with massed strings as compared to my trusted Gallo ref 3.5.  By using the DSPengine on my JRiver I could "rectify" this issue - but of course not for my analog inputs (hence the loki). I did measure the frequency response in various places (also 1m in front of one speaker - driven mono) and found the broad 6dB treble hump (with some variations) everywhere. 

As indicated in my previous post - I hear advantages of using a coherent sound source >200Hz combined with DSP controlled subwoofers <100Hz. But this may just be my personal bias.

Experimenting with the Gallo subamp I could get a reasonaby flat  frequency response 200 to 25Hz (< +/- 2dB) partly by using different phase shifts on the Gallo subwoofers. 

I hope to join the Loki+ community shortly - trusting my subjective judgement augmented by unsophisticated measurements.