Schiit Freya+(Plus)

Freya+ users:

For me, sending DAC input through tube output clearly adds warmth, bloom, punch, musicality, presence.
However, when used with analog inputs (TT, FM, cassette), the tubes (current stock JJ 6SN7 supplied with the unit) sound too lush, rather over the top, sometimes frankly bloated. I mean at equal volume (not volume SETTING).

Despite balanced output to power amp, the SS buffer stage sounds inferior to pure passive mode. So it's tubes with
DAC, passive with analog, SS buffer with nothing.

Questions: (1) does my experience sound typical?
(2) should I experiment with rolling Tung-Sols or other recommended upgrade tube?
(3) does any of this bespeak some peculiarity elsewhere in the chain?

Advance thanks for diagnoses/suggestions.

hickamore
needlebrush, what upgrades are you considering?
I was enroute to Rogue RP-7 when waylaid by this intriguing budget
alternative. 
I had been happy since I got Freya last week.

Stock tubes are not bad but it sound slightly veiled and lacking refinement .

Thus I recommend you to try Nos tube like Sylvania GTB or vt231.

All quad Sylvania GTB made in 1955 sounds neutral with somewhat gentle treble.

I had paid 200$ for quad from reliable Ebay dealer.

RCA gray tube in gain stage and Syl GTB in buffer stage give warm and lush sound.

Sylvania vt 231 which had been my favorite for last 2 years in Line Magnetic 508 int amp give more transparent and clear details when used in gain stage.

Out of curiosity I had gone to all quad stock tubes.

I had run demagnetizaiton tracks twice ( 6min each) and started listening to Eva Cassidy's "Autumn Leaves, Songbird" , "The Trinity Session" by Cowboy Junky and Trittico by Fennel for classical music.

I had expected somewhat etched or bright sound out of JJ stock tubes.

Wow Freya with stock JJ tube sounds very dynamic with good details.

Compared with Nos tubes, it is slightly veiled and lacking refinement, but it is still quite listenable.

It will improve after break in.

My Freya (original version) has never sounded boomy with any of the piles of tubes I've used including the JJs, Tung Sols (new production), original Russian "mystery" tubes, Sylvania "Chrome domes," etc...I prefer NOS GEs in the thing and the sound is spectacular.
wolf_garcia, are your good results irrespective of input source (DAC or analog)? Tubes give me great improvement with DAC input, but sound overdramatic with phono & tuner inputs.
In any great system everything played on it sounds different from anything else, as it should...suffice to say that the sources are all equally superb sounding, and I've done an instant  comparison using the same music...streamer, LP, and CD playing the same thing and they're remarkably similar although the levels need adjustment for a comparison like that. My current rig is by far the most transparent I've owned. Not sure what "overdramatic" means to you.