Sansui au 2900 for dedicated 2 channel vinyl?

I just picked up an excellent Pioneer PL 570x Euro version and waiting for its arrival. I'm looking for a dedicated 2 channel amp to go with this turntable.

I love the look of the Sansui amps with the black face and silver controls and think it would match beautifully with my Pionner TT.

I haven't chose speakers yet, but anyone have experience with this amp? Not much info on the net regarding its performance. I don't need a lot of power because it's going to be in my office for my own listening pleasure.

Thanks!
dufrain

Showing 3 responses by dufrain

Thanks for the response. I decided to go with the AU-2900, I think it will work nicely for my needs.

I've been reading a bit on high efficieny speakers and a lot of folks seem to recommend Klipsch KG series and Fortes. They seem to be very efficient.

Seeing that this little amp only produces 15 wpc, I suspect I should be looking strictly at high effeciency speakers from the "modern" era if I decide to go that route rather than vintage.

It's sometimes pretty difficult finding vintage in acceptable condition and when you do, there's always a premium to pay.

Sorry, now this topic has switched to speakers, but is high efficiency the route to take with this amp? Along the lines of those Klipsch i mentioned, Altec Lansing's line, or KLH?

I've heard the Dynaco A25 mentioned a lot, but also read they're not all that efficient...I could be wrong. The Sansui SP 200's look very nice as well and seem to be a very nice match with this amp. I don't know much about the Spica TC-50.

Thanks for your responses!
Thank you, I'm pretty excited about the amp.

Room size: 12 x 15, not real small. More medium size I guess now that I look at it.

Placement: There's room to place on stands or even floor standing. They can be very versatile as far as placement goes. There won't be much clutter in there aside from my desk w/laptop and printer, file cabinet. I'll have more records in there then office supplies. More of a music room/office.

Loudness: I listen to my music at a medium level. Not real loud, but loud enough that I may not hear my cell phone ring. But occasionally, I like to blast it a bit.

Music: I listen to mostly punk and garage, old country and indie.
Thanks for the added suggestions Br3098

And thanks Johnss for your insight regarding the Sansui units. I'll be sure to take a close look at it when it arrives.

As far as the speakers, I've heard so many great things about the A25's that I really want some! I guess I'm afraid this little amp won't make them sing as they should and I'll be disappointed.

I don't really understand power ratings on amps...I'm pretty new to all this.

The back of the amp says: AC 240 Volts - 50 Hz
Power 110 Watts

I believe this is a 4 channel amp...so how does this equate to 15 WPC? It's listed on a Sansui website I found that it's rated 15 WPC. Little confused and that's why I'm concerned with the A25's because I've read where people suggest nothing under 35 WPC for these speakers.

Can anyone help me with this...?