Samsung HL-P5063W

Stillllll looking at HDTVs. Went to Circuit City today to see the new TI HD3 chip in the Samsung 5063W with the seven-segment color wheel. Subjectively, blacks looked blacker but I could not get a salesman to play a DVD with low contrast (dark) scenes. The store lights were also blazing away.

Has anyone seen the set under better controlled conditions? As a bonus, the set is now only 14-inches deep! Pretty good for a 50-incher.
russ_l

Showing 2 responses by shaqspack

I ordered one, knowing I was "stuck" if didn't like it. Demo in store is useless for most things, but especially. Don't you love salesmen that don't wamt to be inconvienced so you can be sure of purchase. I get it tomorrow. If you email me directly via shaqspack, I will be glad to share experiences. You can't count on me to keep up on forums.

At least we know about lamp. Amotized, about $100/year in expense. If that is the main drawback, I'll be thrilled.

Ed
Finally purchase. Someone emailed mailed me direct. Please dio same and Ill remember to respond, But in short, I'm happy.
More to discover