Rotel RMB 1095 - no 12 volt trigger

I have a rotel rsp 1066 and rmb 1095. Any way to connect so that the amp will come on when the preamp is turned on?

Thanks,
Mark
msf

Showing 1 response by eldartford

Rotel 1066 has no 115V outlet, either switched or unswitched. It just provides a 12 VDC signal when it is turned on, and this 12 VDC is what Rotel amps need to turn on.

I needed just one low amperage switched 115VAC outlet to control my Adcom power conditioner/sequencer, and here is what I did. I bought a relay at Radio Shack (12 VDC control and 115VAC contacts) and I installed it in the Adcom power conditioner, switching on/off the normally unswitched outlet of the Adcom unit. Then I plugged the Adcom 115 VAC control line into this outlet.

If you don't have a power conditioner/sequencer you could just put the relay in a standard electrical wiring box connected to an outlet mounted on the box and fed by a heavy duty line cord. Of course you could also install the relay in your power amplifier.

The whole thing will cost about $15, with the line cord being the most expensive item.