Rogue m-120 monoblocs any opinions ?

I'm looking to buy these monoblocs i'm interested in any advise out there ,i have a Sonic Frontiers power 1 presently, are these monoblocs as good as they are cracked up to be ?
jejell

Showing 1 response by fujindemon

i run a rogue 88 with a rogue 99 magnum and the pair are gorgeous to listen to as well as look at.
the monoblocks offer significantly more power and are beautiful amps, go for them if you can. however an 88 is a very sensible purchase that will blow you away when matched properly. also, magnum upgrades are available for all rogue gear and the 88 upgrade is about $600. mark says they gut the amp, clean the board and basically start over. i plan on doing this around the new year. if i may suggest, i put more of my budget into mark's 99 pre and opted for the magnum version instead of going the monoblock route a short time ago. i had auditioned all of his gear and can say my ears have been thanking my brain ever since. honestly i will probably get another 88 amp to biamp instaed of getting the monoblocks and put the extra cash into better speakers.

well that's my 2 cents.

also,i have to agree with most other posts here. please bear with me since all i want to do is relate my own very recent personal experiences with mark o'brien of rogue.
mark is extremely helpful and has responded to the dozen or so emails i've sent him in the last few weeks within 24 hours, no exceptions. many were reposnded to in the same afternoon. this guy is incredibly dedicated to satisfying (potential or otherwise) customers.
recently i purchased a demo 99 magnum preamp from a dealer in jersey. when it arrived ups must have dropped it and the faceplate was dinged badly right below the magnum logo. one email to mark began the process by which this has been straightened out. when this happened i did not want to give ups my unit again, and considered buying a new faceplate from mark to save myself time and agravation with ups again. mark advised that i give him about a week so he could see if ups would cover the damage.
now one of two things has happened. either mark convinced ups to pay WITHOUT inspecting the unit or making it leave my home OR he is comping me with a new faceplate. either way, he went to BAT for me and i hold him in very high repect.
i trust that mark will provide me with a lifetime of exceptional customer service.
to end this, i decided to buy rogue for 3 essential reasons:

1) at the price point, nothing comes close, mark's gear is BULLETPROOF in terms of sonics and build quality.
2) customer service is class A in my experience and the experience of everyone i know.
3) rogue is within driving distance of my home in PA.

please do not think i'm attacking your credibility tireguy. i trust the experiences you've related are true. but i'd have to describe your experience as very, very unusual regarding rogue and mark. i think you'd agree with this, like any rational creature we have to admit something like this can happen, though to see it again would be akin to being struck by lightning twice standing in the same spot.

cheers everone