Robert Hunter unfortunately has died

My youngest just gave me the news. Bummer, another talent gone
boxer12
Take Robert Hunter's lyrics out of the Grateful Dead's success story and it would be very interesting to see how things would have turned out.

Good to read these (mostly) gracious words about Robert Hunter.
His words and the Dead’s music are woven into the fabric of many lives.

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty
If your cup is full may it be again
Let it be known there is a fountain
That was not made by the hands of men

Let there be songs to fill the air
Wow, an artist died and we argue about him. Every artist has their advocates and their detractors. I enjoyed him solo and especially with the work he did with Jerry and The Dead. I feel the OP was just paying his respects. If you disagree, it would be appropriate to keep it to yourself or start a new post yourself.  If you feel the need to find particular faults with the deceased,  you probably shouldn't go to a funeral
Just to continue my rant. If you you don't like the GDs harmonies, don't listen to them. Not a big deal. You want good harmonies listen to Up Up With People. Where would the Dead be without RH? Where would Hendrix be without Dylan? Where would Clapton be with (pick an artist)? Both great in their own right. But...
The Band ? Again where would they be without Dylan? And Dylan has such a great singing voice. I'm sure he would have stolen American Idol