RMAF 2012 Postmortem

Doesn't seem to be an RMAF 2012 thread yet.

Wondering what people thought, so I'll make a start.

Best in Show:

The big Ventures. Hard to describe how good these speakers sounded without being sappy. IMHO, embarrassing to other "statement" speakers at the show, like the big TAD and Lansche.

I was mostly interested in high efficiency speakers. Especially good were:

Zu Defintion IV
Devore Gibbon 93 and 96
Sonist C4

The Sonists, playing in the Snake River system, sounded especially good considering their (comparatively) reasonable price.

A few other noteworthy speakers were

Vapor's new 3 way

Vivid's space alien rendition of a mini-tower in the Tweak geek room

The Evolution mini-monitor was the best (reasonably) accessible speaker I heard, at 2500. Very good.

Opinions based on information overload, over a day and a half of listening.

Any other impressions?

John
jdoris

Showing 2 responses by donjr

Petrakis. Have you followed Jp1208's threads? Don't let this person sway your opinion. I'm sorry Jp but ive been following your interaction with Vapor and its less than professional on both sides. I personally wish you would stop your rant with Vapor and Vapor should get off this web site now. Ive read a ton of reviews of Vapor loudspeakers all of which were positive. You had an issue and it hasn't been resolved to your liking so you're using this forum to tear Vapor apart. On the other hand Vapor has been responding to your rants which is straight up bad business. Both of you need to handle your issue outside of this forum. This is pathetic. Neither of you are getting anywhere by using this forum to
resolve your dispute. Move on please. I don't think this is the purpose.of Audiogon and since there doesn't appear to be a living moderator here any longer I guess Ill step in.
And please don't think I'm some authority. Ive just been following some.poor ethics on this forum lately and it doesn't do any of us any good. If you want to settle a dispute that has nothing to do with an Audiogon transaction I think you need to take it outside. I'm here to learn, not to cut people down. I expect that from everyone and I hope you do too.
More to discover