Rivals for B&W 805 Signature in small rooms?

Size of the speaker doesn't matter if it works well in small rooms.

Which loudspeakers out there can beat the B&W 805 Signature?!
sony

Showing 10 responses by bluebull

Look at new BW range launched this week.New Nautilus 805s.Looks like Nautilus 805 but with "inside " of Nautilus 805 Signature = sound of Signature at lesser price ?Not Diamond tweeter as in the other diamond range.But then would beat the 805 Signatures.Many say that 705 beats Nautilus 805.Diamond tweeter will shurely follow in the 805s and 805 Signature in the not to distant future,say 6 months ?You have to keep up with BW as they like to change frequently.
I second the Merlin's.Look at the Merlin TSM and VSM's.
New Nautilus 805s does not have the new diamond tweeter.The 805 and 800 Signatures,also does not have the diamond tweeter.The new 800,801,802 and 803 Diamonds do have the new tweeter.I did say "not diamond tweeter as in the other diamond range"Time will tell if I or you are right,Brian.Funny nothing on the 804.If the new Nautilus 805s are no different why the huge increase in price ?
Thanks
Chris
AVGURU
Thanks for the info.Perhaps Brian may want to know the following.New N805s,how does that differ from the old N805 and the N805 Signature?
Thanks
Blue Bull
Yes,I know.What is not clear is the changes on the N805s(the new model)compared to the N805(original) and the 805 Signatures.See hificlube.net.So I would also like to know.Do not confuse N805s with N805 Signature.
Brian.
No miscommunication of the net.I also do not believe that you are confusing the different 805 models(You do own the Signatures)I am shure you are very familiar with the extensive product line up.
I also am very familiar with the differences between the N805 and the 805 Signatures-old news by now.
What I do want to know are 1) the differences between the
N805 and the new N805s(perhaps s is for standard?) if there is a difference.
2)The differences between the new N805s and the 805 Signatures We know the dif in finish and the tweeter.Anything else ?
Perhaps AVGURU can enlighten us ?
Please note that I am asking these questions as a matter of interest and not because I am "anti" BW nor do I plan to buy BW.Like I told you before I did order Merlin VSM-MM's.
We all share a common goal.
Thanks
Chris
Brian
Will be interesting to see eventualy what they did do with the N805s.
Not much speculation on the 800D,801D and 803D-quite clear.
Also interesting to see if they discontinue the 804 and 802 or at a later stage also bring out D versions or keep as it is.Perhaps consolidating the range.Fewer models cut production cost.
If the prices quoted are correct it would be quite more expensive than the current range,wouldn't it ?(Not shure what the prices are in the States)
Thanks
Chris
Sony
Want alternatives:Top class Two - way's ?
B + W 705
Dynaudio Audience 52 SE
KEF Ref 201
Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors
Dynaudio Special 25

I would go for the Merlin VSM-MM or MX(More expensive than the others listed)Perhaps longer term investment,make big steps,not small upgrades.Works out more cost effective in the long run.
Good Luck and enjoy the journey.
Chris