Riser for record player on top of receiver?

I just got a receiver, record player and speakers.

I was thinking of putting the record player on a riser above the receiver.  Anyone have suggestions for any, and thoguths on how high it should be above the receiver, so the receiver has proper ventilation?

It's a Marantz 2245 receiver.
128x128schadeyacres
OK thanks all!  What about building a shelf above the receiver, say a foot or two above.  Is that also a bad idea b/c of the heat and potential interference?

I am only asking cuz I live in NYC and have a small apartment, so space is a premium!  I wish I could share a photo of the area I'm dealing with.
What about building a shelf above the receiver, say a foot or two above. Is that also a bad idea b/c of the heat and potential interference?
That should work fine.  As long as it's a foot or two above the receiver.  Use at least a 1 inch or even a 2 inch thick piece of shelving material, you should have no problem.  Make sure you leave enough space above the receiver so it doesn't get hot and has plenty of ventilation.
There are wall mounted turntable shelves available. Check and see how they attach to the wall and if it suitable for your needs.  Google turntable wall shelf.  They are $55 and up.