Revel Studio or Salon?

Just listened to the Ultimat Studios in a room about 16 x 9 x 20 and they sounded wonderful. Actually better then wonderful. The question is I have a room about twice as long as the show room and am wondering if the base will hold up pushing a larger volume? The Studios were being driven by a 150w/c Naim and I have a 400 w/c Krell (at 4 ohms)so I don't have a power problem. THe question is do I have to go to the Salons? The dealer said the studios were better in some regards (imaging and frequency down to about 30Hz) and of course cheaper. I asked Revel and guess what? They said the Salons are $3-5K better. Daaa. The Salons place the tweeter about 5 inches higher then the Studios which I believe are at exactly the right hight for seated listeners.
keis

Showing 1 response by mg123

Doesn't matter which you choose..... I had Gems and loved them, but decided to get Studios, which are wonderful. Then I bought the Sub15 system (mostly for HT, but it sounds so good with the Studios). The tweeters on the Studios are just right for the listener's ear height. I wanted to buy Salons when I first heard of them, but when I saw how large they are, I decided not to put something that huge in my room. They are about the same size of a refrigerator (but not as wide). Try to get any of the ones with Aluminum sides, since it makes them that much stiffer and heavier and hence less distortion.