Revel F228BE

For all you Revel lovers out there and those who should be. 
I just received my new Revel F228BE speakers and after only about 12 hours on them i must say they sound absolutely amazing. 
Spectacular mids and highs, great solid and detailed rhythmic bass.  Everything i loved about the F206s and F208s but much more refined, better bass, better soundstage and hear deaper into the music. They also play louder much more easily being more efficient. 
I'm using an Ayre K-5xe MP preamp, Levinson 532H amplifier with Oppo105d playing into a Benchmark DAC2.  Cant wait til there are another 100 hours on these, I'm super happy with them already. Truly amazing speakers!
lnitm

Showing 4 responses by jeffersondavis

I also like the new Revel series as well, although for some funny reason Floyd Toole (who works at Revel) thinks using the new materials (ceramic, beryllium) is mostly a marketing gimmick and doesn't seem to think it actually sounds any better. Who is to say...
On AVS, he's said repeatedly the measured spins of FR and DI is what's most important. He said beryllium is just a selling point to charge more money. Of course he's also said phase isn't important and and waterfall plot ringing isn't audible, and some people in the industry disagree.
Revel also used to make their own drivers, but now they use SB Acoustics Satori drivers. Which to me makes it interesting because now it's possible to DIY a Revel clone.
@4425 
If you look at mail order brands, I think Salk and Ascend products are better at the same price range compared to Revel, at least acoustically. Visually might be a different issue (since mail order brands tend to be rectangular boxes).