Revel F228BE

For all you Revel lovers out there and those who should be. 
I just received my new Revel F228BE speakers and after only about 12 hours on them i must say they sound absolutely amazing. 
Spectacular mids and highs, great solid and detailed rhythmic bass.  Everything i loved about the F206s and F208s but much more refined, better bass, better soundstage and hear deaper into the music. They also play louder much more easily being more efficient. 
I'm using an Ayre K-5xe MP preamp, Levinson 532H amplifier with Oppo105d playing into a Benchmark DAC2.  Cant wait til there are another 100 hours on these, I'm super happy with them already. Truly amazing speakers!
lnitm
I had a record party last night and I have to tell you, the 228 be is just an awesome speaker.  Everyone who came over were just blown away by them. If the recording is good they have a clarity that sounds more like reall life than almost any speaker I have heard, regardless of price. Instruments  and voices just hang in the air, and the depth!  For a rather large speaker they do an amazing disappearing act.  The dispersion is increadable, you can sit all the way over to one side of the room and the soundstage does not collapse like most speakers. The power handling is over the top compared to the f208,  I usually don't listen that loud but last night we were partying so I was cranking it, for the first time ever I could turn the volume all the way up on uncompressed recordings and the 228be were just unflappable, crazy!  I am very impressed by the 228be, People  who say metal or ceramic drivers are fatiguing? NOT! people who say ported bass is boomy and you can hear the port? NOT! I read a comment on Revel house sound as "boring" and it made me laugh  out loud, these speakers are anything but boring, they are musical and fun to listen to, what more do you want? The Revel design team should be proud of themselves. Bravo Revel!!! 
I had a record party last night and I have to tell you, the 228 be is just an awesome speaker.  Everyone who came over were just blown away by them. If the recording is good they have a clarity that sounds more like reall life than almost any speaker I have heard, regardless of price. Instruments  and voices just hang in the air, and the depth!  For a rather large speaker they do an amazing disappearing act.  The dispersion is increadable, you can sit all the way over to one side of the room and the soundstage does not collapse like most speakers. The power handling is over the top compared to the f208,  I usually don't listen that loud but last night we were partying so I was cranking it, for the first time ever I could turn the volume all the way up on uncompressed recordings and the 228be were just unflappable, crazy!  I am very impressed by the 228be, People  who say metal or ceramic drivers are fatiguing? NOT! people who say ported bass is boomy and you can hear the port? NOT! I read a comment on Revel house sound as "boring" and it made me laugh  out loud, these speakers are anything but boring, they are musical and fun to listen to, what more do you want? The Revel design team should be proud of themselves. Bravo Revel!!! 
Revel also used to make their own drivers, but now they use SB Acoustics Satori drivers. Which to me makes it interesting because now it's possible to DIY a Revel clone.
Regular SB, not Satori, and custom made for Revel. Nothing that you, nor anyone else will be able to clone. And why would you want to anyway?
when you see the quality of the materials and workmanship of revel you should understand that because of economies of scale and us labor costs they could not be made in usa at their very aggressive prices. i’m not sure that anything can compete at their price points. just my opinion though.
ive personally owned Salon 2’s and F206’s and everything about them exudes quality of build and sonics. as mentioned above we all buy imported items so why should audio be different?
well it is different because so many products bear no relationship to costs(cables would head the list). i think revel does. 
opinion only