Restored Fisher 400 - impressed

I just had my fisher 400 restored/refurbished and I am completely blown away.  What is odd is I have/had some decent integrated amps and separates (I have a  LFD, had a Plinius 9100, and separates - Clayton s40 and coda pre-amp.  Also have a resolution Cantata 2.0 that has a pre-amp built in a different system).  The fisher 400 may not beat them in all categories - I think bass control is perhaps the Fisher's largest fault, but when I say fault that is minimal.  

Has anyone done serious blind A/B comparisons with restored/refurbished legacy gear to modern gear?  I'd be curious to do a blind test with some of the better tube and SS integrated amps.  

Right now the fisher is in my 'heritage system' - I have a pair of modded Cornwall 1s, fisher 400 and a schiit  bi-frost multi-bit DAC.  This system is easily had for under 2K, but with patience can probably be found and built for 1600.  

I see why older amps have increased in price.  They look and perform good.

mindlessminion

Showing 1 response by mindlessminion

@roxy54 i think i will hed that route.  i am using Dueland wire, but would like to have better binding posts on the fisher.  the cable are diiicult to aecure 

what did you go with?