may need correction.

Some friends of my ''discovered'' that Replicant (Ortofon), Decca and

''Expert stylus'' are the same. As is/was the case with Gyger and

Van den Hul. Van den Hul designed Gyeger I, II and S (?) but

Gyger produced them. This was obviously kept secret for commercial

reasons.

My assertion is that Expert stylus (Paratrace) provide them to the

other mentioned.

Is anybody capable to check this information?

128x128nandric

Showing 5 responses by rauliruegas

Dear @needlestein : Really thank’s for your knowledge and wide explanation. Your posts really enrich the knowledge level of any analog audiophile in that important subject.

Btw, Allaerts states the use of FG-S stylus tip. I owned the MC2 and Formula One and he states that the " rounded radius " is different for both models: 5 micron and 4 micron, respectively. Both are the top of the Allaerts line and in a two steps down the MC1 has 2.5 micron. Allaerts states that the rounded radius 2.5 micron has a tracing capacity of " 300um " against " 400um " for the 5 micron that in both cases looks excesive but depends how Allaerts measured the tracing capacities for his cartridges.

In the other side in the past Allaerts stated 10K play hours for the top models that seems to me more a marketing tool that a reality. For whatever reason we can’t read it that spec any more in his site. Do you have an opinion on that playing way high 10K hours?

R.

Yes, Astatic builded its own cartridges under the Mitachi design. Same as Glanz.

Btw, in all internet audio forum exist some persons that are " dedicated " to often posts very low knowledge issue/audio levels boarding in the stupidity.

Agos is no exception and in this forum and for years there were two of that kind of persons fortunatelly looks like one of them just gone because does not post any more but unfortunatelly other person already took his place.

Is really stupid to have a " decent " audio dialogue with any of these persons.

R.

Dear @mijostyn  :  Well sometimes some persons like to show their low knowledge levels. To each his own and futile/useless to follows.

R.

Btw, after 1977 the cartridge stylus are made of synthetic diamond and the last and an exception is the Audio Technica MC 1000 that was the latest cartridge to use natural diamond in the early 80's.

Diamond is not only has hardness cartridge stylus material but the one with the highest Young' Modulus, both mainly and critical characteristics for the cartridge stylus very hard and tortuose works/jobs.

R.

R.

Dear @mijostyn  :  some gentlemans really don't know what they are talking about as the one about " jewels " and why designers/manufacturers choice of top cartridges in cantilevers are diamond and boron and for stylus only DIAMOND: period.

I posted in the MM long thread this: