Repair of a Sheng ya sp-991

One of my amps is not putting out any power. Took it to my tech and after 4 hours he gave up unable to work with a Chinese made shengya without the schematic. Love these amplifiers and do not want to replace them. Does anyone have any experience with the Sheng ya sp-991 repair. It is the monoblock that puts out 100 watts Class A and 300 watts total in A/B configuration. Some say it is identical to the Vincent sp-991 or the Kavent p-220. Live in the
seattle area.
luked

Showing 2 responses by eleet

My suggestion is to contact Ian or Rachel at Grant Fidelity. They are a Sheng Ya dealer and I believe they sold this particular amp in the past.
Luked, I agree; that's very disappointing. I'm quite surprised no one at Grant Fidelity could/would help you. Where did you purchase it? The only other ideas I can come up with are to check with Joe at Pacific Valve who used to be a Sheng Ya dealer (he's in Chicago) or to find out where the Vincent products are serviced here in the states. Both of these are probably longshots, but may be all you have left. Best of luck.