Reimyo DAP 777 Mk 1 or Mk 2 deep bass ability

Can anyone provide details of their actual listoning experience/impressions on how well the Reimyo DAP 777 Mk 1 and/or Mk 2 performed in the low/deep bass region. Can this DA perform as well (or better) than the top-end Theta's, Wadia's, Krell's, EMC, etc. Also, how well does the Zanden DA perform in the low/deep bass regions/registers. Obviously I consider Deep, accurate, bass important when listoning to rock/pop/orchestra. I found Wadia/Theta to be quite good, the BAT VKD5 to be good but not great. Currently using Martin Logan monolith speakers and in the process of adding a Talon ROC (1000 watt version) sub-woofer. Feedback/impressions on deep bass performance for Reimyo / Zanden , even meitner, Meridian, Spectral would be greatly appreciated. Also, what is the difference in sound between the Reimyo DAP 777 Mk1 and Mk2?
kenlit

Showing 1 response by twopippis

I just conducted a back to back comparison of the Reimyo DAP 777 MK2 to the Accustic Arts. I felt the bass was comparable in both DACS but the midrange and highs were much better in the Reimyo. IMO the Reimyo does not lack for bass depth, weight or body. I'm using it with a Sony Carousel/Escient driven transport and I believe it would give many of the top single player units a run for their money. It's an amazing DAC. I can only imagine what would happen if it was fed from a top notch transport!!