Rega RB3000

I have a Rega Planar 3 Turntable, and I have upgraded to the Apheta 2 Cartridge.  I am now considering upgrading the Tonearm to the RB3000.  Is this a complete waste of money due to limitations of the plinth or other aspects of my deck?   I don't really want to buy a whole new turntable right now.

I have already upgraded the sub platter with Groove Tracer's product as well as reference band to drive it.  

I have the Parasound JC Jr phono preamp and my amp is PrimaLuna Evo 400.

Thank you for your comments.  I have only been doing this a few years but love it.
ronin35
I think that for little extra you get the Planar6 which is a better proposition than putting RB3000 on a P3. Just my thought.
G
@ronin35 For a similar price take a look at the Audiomods arm - they are so much better than anything Rega has to offer at the same price and will fit the Rega turntable perfectly.

www.audiomods.co.uk

I have never regretted getting mine - a superb piece of extremely high quality engineering.

Mine has the one-piece harness and the micrometer VTA adjustment.

Also request the Absolute harmony RCA's - they are a perfect match

Here's my review of the ARM and the RCA's

http://image99.net/blog/files/f233eea773cbc47d311b80d32702da48-40.html

http://image99.net/blog/files/a8494e8645dea3d750d109f819103099-61.html

If you have any questions just ask

Regards - Steve
Thank you for all the input.  I am leaning towards upgrading to the RP8, but  I have new speakers coming so I will wait until I listen with the new speakers before I upgrade.  With Covid isolation music has been my sanctuary.  I am, therefore, having fun with upgrades.

I have had a RP6 TT for eight years. Recently I have been upgrading my system with new components, so I have to budget. I can't afford a $3000 to $6000 turntable so I've been upgrading the RP6 with a Groove Tracer sub, Rega Reference belt and an Achromat (wow!) I have been exploring upgrading the tone arm and /or cartridge.  I happened upon a good deal for an RB3000 tonearm that I couldn't say "no" to. So I'm doing it! I have a Dynavector 10x5 mk2. I want to see how the tonearm changes the sound by using the 10x5 (at least until after April 15th!). I'm thinking of upgrading to the DV xx2. I don't have other audiophiles in my world that can even understand these words I'm using! So I would appreciate feedback, thoughts, suggestions, recommendations.  Thanks!

More to discover