Rega Planet 2000 vs. Jolida LD-100

I'm here to solicit opinions since I live about 120 miles from the nearest dealer of quality audio gear and have little opportunity to audition equipment. Since I have learned so much from reading these forums over the years as a bystander, I thought I'd ask your opinion on CDP's. I'm interested in purchasing a player in the $500-$700 range (used) and have found the reviews on these two to be overall outstanding.

I'm not really interested in SACD as I watch very few DVD's. So my question to you: Would you go with the Rega or the Jolida (or feel free to recommend another). I've considered the Sony XA7ES, but they typically sell for $1k used... a tad out of my price range.

Thanks!
mn_glacier

Showing 1 response by craustin2

I think that they are system dependent. I have not used a rega 2000, but did own a planet and a jupiter, and believe it or not the planet sounded better in one of my systems. I am currently using a new Jolida that is only 24 hours old, and I am liking it very much. I would have to give the edge to the Jolida for sound quality. As far as reliability, I think Rega is probably better. Their products seem bulletproof.