Refined SS Stereo pwr amps under 10K?

I looking to upgrade from my ARC DS225. considering an Ayre VX-5, what other SS amps under 10k (list price) would provide me great harmonic detail, drive, strong tonal balance and hear deep into the music layers? Yup,I know I'm asking a lot.

The System: Bel Canto DAC3.5MKII with ref power supply and Ref USbB to Spdif converter,(3 separate chassis) via AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, Wireworld Platinum 7 XLR to ML326s Wireworld Platinum 7 XLR to Audio Research DS225, Audience AU24SE speaker cables to Magnepan 3.7i Wired with Synergistic research and Nordost power cords ran to custom power strip incorporating 3 Furutech GTX-D duplexs and one Defender conditioner to a VooDoo power cord to a wall outlet GTX-D
So where do I go to upgrade from the ARC DS225 amp?
Thanks

Showing 2 responses by 5560

For reasons too lengthy to describe, I cannot do monos, so I'm looking for a stereo amp. I've always read that Spectral amps require proprietary cables, odd input impedance matching such and they don't play well others so to speak.
Several others I would appreciate a perspective comparison on are the Mark Levinson 532H, the Ayre VX-5 and Plinius SA-103 which are my top three contenders to replace my ARC DS225. I've heard the VX-5 compared to my DS225 and it's clearly better but these other two are nagging at me as unheard possible strong candidates. I live in an audio waste land and a 12 hour round trip to an audiostore doesn't really work for me. I'm pulling the trigger on one of these but, buying a third amp for comparison is painful. So, anyone out there compared any of these three amps?